Enlightened Evening

People who feel good about themselves produce good results. Team Work Makes the Dream Work ~John C. Maxwell


All truly wise thoughts have been thoughts already thousands of times; but to make them truly ours, we must think them over again honestly, till they take root in our personal experience.
Philosopher, Scientist, Author ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe


Do you remember when you were a child, your mother or father dropping quotes on you such as "a stitch in time, saves nine," or "the early bird catches the worm," or "early to bed, early to rise," and so on and so forth. I do, too. Sometimes I hated hearing them, other times I basked in their meaning...the difference? MY state of mind.

When one is ready to hear something of truth or meaning, one will hear it. But there are times in our lives when the dynamic present gets in the way. For example: one may fall short of the payments this month, or perhaps, one is unable to be a part of an organization so desired. Or maybe one is losing love,  or  lost someone precious to our balance in life. Or further, maybe one is involved in a neverending disatisfying relationship. There are so many things that sometimes create so much havoc, that we begin to lose sight of those things we either dreamed of,  were   working   toward, or satisfying various aspects of our lives for short periods of time. It is easy to lose sight and begin  to focus on the negative, or become so ingrained in the reality of the futility of a thing, that we no longer see anything BUT the problem. Whereas, if we kept our dreams, aspirations, and forward move at the forefront, and instead applied such  positive energy and iron-clad will to these real and present dangers and dilemmas, we in our determination, tenacity, and nobility would find our way out of them, and acheive also some icing on the cake: more confidence in ourselves.
    
I won't pretend I am a master of this kind of concept, as recently I was in the other team of thought. Yes, I fall apart at times, I gather dust by staticity, I create humongous obstacles in fear of moving ahead on something, just like we all do. But thinking in such a way as I have told you, helps me manage such    negative energy and eventually make it dissapate.
Both of these quotes pertain to one's self image. There is no possible way for one to acheive one's dreams, unless one believes she or he can acheive them. There is no possible way one can believe except one realize how "fearfully and wonderfully" one is made. Our minds, our physical attributes, our sensibilities, our creativities--all of us have some or all of these components. It is up to each of us to discover what we truly are made of, what we perceive we can be moreso, and how to tap into those specific attributs. I have found that the more I set out to acheive, the more I do so, and reach a new level of dreams. To be static and satisfied with such a position is to sin against one's self.
 
As a child, I was so in awe of my parents. I thought they were gods. As I grew into teenhood--as all of us experience--I began to think they were not too swift at all, and decided I would discover things for my self. After terrific errors, omissions, distortion of image and life meaning, I began to think about some things my parents taught me. They taught me to believe in an all powerful God, who doesn't allow me to skate through life, but allows me to experience things--good and bad--because God knows my TRUE character, and of what I am ultimately capable. 
 
As early as I learned to read, I was taught to read the Bible. The reference I've made regarding "fearfully and wonderfully made" was in the Bible, let me quote it exactly:
 
I will praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are your works, and that my soul knows very well. ~Psalms 139:14, Torah (Old Testament)
 
If I incorporated such a quote from G-d, how can I think less of myself in any way, no matter what the circumstances,  I am a gift from G-D, and I am fearfully (awesome) and wonderfully (exceptional) made (created). How then, can I not see through anything?! The entire chapter of Psalms 139 should be studied, for it is intensely precious to a hurting soul. But more to the point, one cannot be too self-elevated when it comes from the realization that we do not create ourselves: G-D creates us, therefore, we can lavish in the assurance that we are capable to do awesome and exceptional work here on earth. It doesn't matter what we do in our trade, profession, or social community as long as we remember that G-D is good, and nothing otherwise is of G-D...that is the only caveat. What you do must be good, and must be noble and edifying to those you touch, if it is not, it is NOT the qualities with which G-D has infused you. But if you do good, and noble and edifying things in your life as well as allow it to spill over on others, you are doing G-D's work and returning his gift to you, more than YOU ever imagined or dreamed of: G-d already knew you were capable.
 
This blog spot is not only for those who care to read it, but for me also, to gather and record my thoughts on issues that mean much to me. Therefore, let us come together and reason out what things may come, where we will go, and why life is such a precious gift. And when we are finished discussing these thoughts, then it is time to make good on them, and perform in confidence the things that matter in finances, family, and further aspirations.
 
Against criticism a man can neither protest nor defend himself; he must act in spite of it, and then it will gradually yield to him. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Comments

Popular Posts