Why worry, the outcome will be the same, except for your input...

I've had those I care about tell me that I worry too much and then I hear others (the same ones I care about) worry about everything. I think worry is a symptom of not only our outlook on life, and the situations around us, but it is also a symptom of our view of ourselves.

If we think we can do and accomplish anything, in spite of the circumstances, we will certainly accomplish eventually what we think we can do. Why? Because we believe that we can! If we think it is impossible it will be impossible. This principal is just that: a tried and true principle by which to live. To quote the German poet, novelist, philosopher, and scientist who is considered one of the giants of the literary world, Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe:

"Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back-- Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one elementary truth that ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamed would have come his way. Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now." (28 August 1749 - 22 March 1832)



My entire life has been a series of starts and stops, and my regressions in life I have significantly paid for in my commitment to success. Perhaps that is why it has taken me so long to start consistently and begin  moving  forward with little regressive moves as previously. But one thing I noticed throughout my life, was that this principle kept rearing its head before me, hinting at me like an owl hooting in the silence of  a dark and still evening.

For example, I might have been in a tennis team match at a Realtors' work tournament, and having the feeling that my participation was endured at best, I would suddenly have a moment of clarity in my abilities, and just as suddenly I would lob some of the best hits I'd never known I had in me, surprising my teammates, and the rest of the tournament onlookers. Much of my life's career has been such a way. Another example was when I was in the middle of negotiations on a real estate offer, I would know there was a move I could make in the posture that would blow the other side's stance, and fear to say it. Then suddenly again, something in the pit of my stomach would force me to use the move, and by all rights with such confidence I did not know where it came from, only that I knew I had decided to make the move...and lo and behold! I succeeded every time. The same owl never failed me: I got my client's position forwarded to my client's favor.

Many people talk about envisioning something first, and if that helps you, go for it. But if you embed the principle in your system of belief, it will take you further, keep you consistent, and create in your life a series of progressions that will help you succeed in whatever is your endeavor--albeit not always forceful or quick, but suffice to say, you will move forward rather than exist with hesitation, starts and stops, progressions and regressions. There is also one word that one can keep in mind to remind one of this entire principle. It's called: COMMITTMENT.

How does one Commit one's self? Or how does one convince one's self that one must be committed? There is a foundational belief I somehow was given into my person as a young child, and I think this is why the owl rose and hooted occasionally; to remind me of what I knew within my self. And that is, that I realized all the issues in life that came to fruition, came because someone was Bold enough to bring it to fruition. Thus, even a criminal who acted on committment would further his/her cause. Anyone who realizes that there were others that went before us, that furthered a moral and ethical cause for the good of humanity, will realize further that if one is committed to that same cause it behooves one to commit to it, to dilligently carry it further, which is our responsibility that walks with commitment,  for we all owe a responsibility to those who gave to us before, and to those to whom we give in the future.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955) was a strong believer in the principle of giving back what   has been given to us; we owe a debt to those who had already gone before us, and given of themselves to allow us what we have now; what a magnanimous concept.


Comments

Popular Posts