One of those things...Morning Pages

I was considering starting a class. I was planning one that would help people write as soon as they wake up in the morning. Lo and behold, I found a book which was referred to me, called "The Artist's Way" which is a topic exactly where I'd like to take my writing: to the next level.

It's all good and well, that one can write, but what about consistency, habit, deadlining, etc.? THESE are the major issues of writing--at least of MY writing. There IS not a writer that hasn't had to prove the capability to write anywhere, anytime, at the drop of a hat, and be finished when asked. THIS is the hard part of writing. So the book talks about performance on call, and I like that.

It isn't only about writing, it's about any creative talent one wants to enhance. No, it's not just about writing, but about self-discipline, self-sacrifice, self-elevation, and just all together improving one's Self, in the way of creativity, talent, and learning.

This is short, because I have a lot to learn, I need to study my habits more, and improve on them. This post is called Morning Pages because after I write a short summary of my thoughts before bedtime, I will read it in the morning and practice my editing skills. So... Good Night.

Comments

Popular Posts