Dreams As Teachers

 Wow, I had such dreams last night. No, they weren't bad or erotic, I don't dram those kinds of dreams, the better for it too.

I dream dreams that tell a whole story, people in then do things either kindly, or underhandedly and I respond and sometimes the activity of others makes me react. Last night's dreams were no different than others, in that I am always solving problems. Many times I wake and think "I should make that my next story." But then I do not write it soon enough and by end of day I lose the memory of it.

One of the dreams I dreamt last night was about my thirty-five year old son, but he was just a toddler. I was younger too, and I was as I was before I married my present husband of thirty-eight years, which is strange because my son is his son, but dreams are always time-defective. 

I had a big old house. When I say old, I mean 1800s old. I don't have a house at all in real life. I had friends I was with. I pretty much don't have any more friends either--most of them have either passed on or moved away. I was supposed to take something to someone, I think might have been my boyfriend, but I never went back to see him. I'm not usually a flake when it comes to promises either, so I was everything I am not, and things were not as they really are.

My little son was sitting across the street at a cafe with a bunch of people, I think they were Jehovah Witnesses, and he was chatting with other children. I gathered they were JWs because they had their little pamphlets and started toward me but I said "don't. you dare," and they tuned back. When I realized my little toddler was eating with them, I was suspicious but did not do anything about it,  I just went into the restaurant and sat with my own group to eat. That was my first big mistake.

The "boyfriend" walked in and sat in the group but not near me, he had sad eyes and said "why didn't you come back yesterday?" I did not answer, I just ignored him. 

Then I realized those people with who my son sat were leaving. They had a big bus. I rose and went to retrieve my son but he was not there. I ran to the bus and after struggling to get by I found him packed in there with the other children.

I was so angry. I called them "you bunch of thieves, give me my son!" By this time they were not witnesses but Mormons. I think it changed because I know someone who lost their child by Mormons; his only son. My sweet baby boy was just chatting with the children in the back. I almost lost him, but regained him at the end of my dream.

Why would you care to read about my dream? You probably don't. But I believe many times dreams help you look at something that bothers you or something that needs to be resolved inside your soul. I am still sorrowful over a nephew I never knew. I pray he leaves the Mormon church (if he even bought into it) and becomes a Christian (to spite his mom, he he :) maybe he will see his father who is now in his mid-eighties and can hardly walk. Yes, I pray but only that he would be able to know his real father. 

My dream told me how a person must feel when someone tries to steal their child or when they lose a child. My dream had a theme: the loss of children, the loss of love...loss, and what it does to someone's sense of well-being. 

Losses are like parts of your soul being chiseled away, making a person either very sensitive or very cold-hearted. Loss is also a deliberator of action: chiseling away from the soul one can become either active or dormant. Loss is something to truly be looked at, something each person needs to reflect upon as to how it affects one's psyche. So also, look at the two kinds of people that are affected by it: the sensitive dormant person, and the active cold-hearted person. Which one are you?



Comments

Popular Posts